Kade woke up the other morning with a bit of a swollen eye, and I figured it was just another one of his accidents...
Well, by the afternoon, it was a bit worse...
And by bedtime, it looked like this...
So, I gave him a good dose of Benadryl, and put him to bed, hoping it would be better by the morning.
Well, when he woke up, Kanigh went to his crib and shouted, "Mama, Kade is a PIRATE now!!" I couldn't help but laugh! As you can see, poor Kade looked a little swollen.
Now, I was bit by a Brown Recluse spider when I was in college, and I remember being sick sick sick, so I knew it wasn't too serious because he was still acting like his normal self. The doctor said it must have been some ant bites, or some other sort of OHIO spider that Kade had an allergic reaction to. He said the swelling would go down with a couple days on Benadryl. He gave us some medicine that would help with any infection, and sent us on our way. I had a feeling all along that it was something like an ant and wish I wouldn't have wasted the time and money on the doctor, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry!! We're just glad he's better now...
6 comments:
Haley, I'm so glad you started a blog. Your boys are amazingly cute. I can't believe how big Kade is since last time I saw pics. He looks just like Kirk to me and Kanigh looks alot like you. I hope you're doing good!
Poor little eye. I hope it resolves quickly. Love you!
AARRGG!! Leave it to Kanigh to say he looks like a pirate. Glad it wasn't anything more serious.
I am so glad I finally had a chance to look at your blog! Your little ones are so cute...
So what have you been up too?
Haley, I am so happy you are blogging, I got you from Lisa's blog. Anyway we have been wondering how you guys are doing and where you were at! Such cute babies. My neice use to swell up like that with misquitos!! It looks a lot worse than it is.
Hey Mother moo Cow! I'm so excited you started a blog! Your boys are soo adorable, they both look like their cute momma! I'm so adding you to our blog so we can keep in better touch! Love ya!
Post a Comment