Sunday, May 10, 2009

Out of the mouth of....Kanigh...


Kanigh has become quite the conversationalist over the past couple of months and you NEVER know what he is going to come up with next! I absolutely LOVE it, so I am always trying to ask him questions just to see what he will respond with. Most of the time, they are silly questions with no real answer, and now and then I will ask a "real" question. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about, here is an example of a conversation we had just the other evening after dinner...

ME: WOW Kanigh! Your belly is SOOO big! Wait, let me see if I can hear a baby in there...YEP! I can hear the baby in your belly! You didn't tell me you were having a baby!!

KANIGH: (in a VERY matter-of-fact tone) Mommy, I'm NOT having a baby! That's just food!

ME: What kind of food is in there?

KANIGH: Well...it's just a bunch of vegetables...

ME: Really? Why just vegetables?

KANIGH: Because I am a big boy now and you said they make me big and strong!

ME: Oh, I see...does Kade have vegetables in his belly too?

KANIGH:(very serious face) No, he's just a baby...he has pancakes.

ME: LAUGHING!

I LOVE my boys...

No comments: