Monday, July 19, 2010

Growing up!

Well, the inevitable is happening...my babies are growing up! While part of me is sad and wants them to stay little for ever, the other part of me is thoroughly enjoying every new stage they go through (besides potty-training).. :) . Kade is now 3 and is definitely a mama's boy, and for right now, that is A-OK with me! He's so quick to give me loves and put his arms out for a big squeeze. When we are out and about he prefers to hold my hand and walk beside me. That is, when his hands aren't FULL of as many little toys as he can handle! For those of you that know him, you know what I mean. This kid ALWAYS has to have AT LEAST two toys in each hand. I guess it's a good way to keep from getting bored! He is learning how to swim and is riding his bike with his little training wheels. Kade is a big boy, and with that status comes a healthy appetite! Kanigh and I call him "Kade the Babe"...or "Pooky-Bear"... because he reminds us of a cuddly baby bear. ;)







Kanigh is almost FIVE now! (wiping tears)... This little boy never ceases to amaze me! I often have to do a double-take with some of the questions he asks me! This age is SO much fun, as he is constantly wanting to learn and do and achieve new things. Though he is academically ready to enter Kindergarten this year, I am going to keep him until he's 6...mostly because I don't even want to think about having a child old enough to go to school...and also because my experience as a Kindergarten teacher has changed my beliefs on the appropriate age for kids to enter the public school scene. Kanigh loves SO many things...every sport you can imagine, riding bikes (without training wheels, thanks to Nonnie!), swimming (also, thanks to Nonnie!), singing, crafting with mommy, baking, exploring, learning! He doesn't slow down much, which is good for me, because he keeps my hard-earned teaching education up to date! ;) Here are a few pics of him, as well... enjoy!








MORE to COME!!!

3 comments:

Trevor and Lisa said...

Oh my, they are a couple of heartbreakers! So CUTE! I know what you mean about them growning to fast, it's crazy how quickly time goes. Just curious, why did teaching change your idea on sending them to school? I feel the same way, and will keep mine out until he's 6.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

They're adorable, Haley! And they look SO happy. You're an amazing mom :) I TOTALLY agree about what age they should enter school.... I've seen WAY too many kids pushed into the system JUST because of their age and NOT becuase of what's best for the student. Kuddos, girl.

Kinsey said...

I love those boys. I need you guys to be close again.